Family Eye Care
Gordon Eye Care provides comprehensive optometric services which include:
• Amblyopia: Commonly called "lazy eye," amblyopia can be treated successfully if detected early enough in childhood.
• Astigmatism: Often mistakenly called "stigmatism", this common vision problem can be corrected with eyeglasses, contact lenses or refractive surgery.
• Blepharitis: Red, swollen eyelids and crusty debris at the base of your eyelashes are signs you may have blepharitis.
• Cataracts: Cataracts are a common cause of vision loss after age 55. Surgical correction is safe and effective, and offers several new options for better vision.
• CMV Retinitis: AIDS or other diseases that affect your immune system can increase your risk of serious eye problems from cytomegalovirus (CMV) infection.
• Cornea Transplant: People with serious vision problems from an eye injury or disease affecting the front surface of the eye can often regain vision with a cornea transplant.
• Diabetic Retinopathy: If undetected or uncontrolled with medication, diabetes can cause serious vision loss, even blindness.
• Dry Eye Syndrome: A common condition, especially in women over age 40. Many treatment options are available.
• Eye Allergies: Are you bothered by red, itchy eyes? You may have allergies.
• Floaters and Spots: "Floaters" are usually normal and harmless. But if you notice a sudden increase in floaters or floaters accompanied by flashes of light, see your eye doctor immediately.
• Glaucoma: A variety of disorders in the eye that can lead to loss of vision and even blindness. The most common type of glaucoma is caused by a gradual and painless rise of pressure inside the eye.
• Hyperopia: Also called farsightedness, hyperopia is a common vision problem that can cause headaches, eyestrain and trouble reading.
• Keratoconus: This eye disease causes the cornea to grow thinner and bulge forward in an irregular cone-shape. Treatment options range from gas permeable contact lenses to a cornea transplant.
• Macular Degeneration: This age-related problem is the leading cause of vision loss and blindness in Americans age 65 and older.
• Myopia: Also called nearsightedness, myopia is a very common vision problem, affecting up to one-third of the U.S. population.
• Ocular Hypertension: You've heard of high blood pressure, but what about high eye pressure?
• Pingueculae and Pterygia: Growths on the surface of your eye.
• Pink Eye (Conjunctivitis): This acute and contagious form of conjunctivitis is particularly common among preschoolers and school-age children.
• Presbyopia: Are you over age 40 and starting to hold reading material at arm's length to see it clearly? You probably have presbyopia.
• Ptosis: A drooping eyelid. Surgery is usually required to correct this problem.
• Retinal Detachment: A medical emergency. Learn the warning signs of a retinal detachment and what you can do to avoid permanent vision loss.
• Retinitis Pigmentosa: These inherited disorders, commonly abbreviated as RP, cause progressive peripheral vision loss, night blindness and central vision loss.
• Styes: This common problem is simply an infected lid gland. Learn how to prevent and treat styes.
• Uveitis: This inflammatory eye disease can cause permanent vision loss if not promptly treated.
At Gordon Eye Care the focus is on YOU. We know how important your vision is to enjoying a healthy and happy life. You only have one pair of eyes, and Gordon Eye Care is here to make sure you maintain optical heath and clear vision. Our family will take care of your family with professional eye care solutions. Come in and see for yourself. It's time to see life clearly...
We provide comprehensive eye care for adults and children. Our expert doctors will examine your eyes thoroughly, inside and out, for any potential eye disorders or diseases. We will carefully evaluate your visual skills using our state-of-the-art diagnostic technology and prescribe an appropriate treatment to meet your personalized eye care needs.
Thorough Eye Examinations: Our philosophy is that your glasses or contact lens prescription is just one step on the ladder to proper eye care. A thorough eye exam is necessary to assess and preserve your overall eye health.
Prescription Eye Glasses: From functional to fashionable, eyeglasses are the engine that allows your world to be in focus. Our office has adopted a high standard in quality for your glasses, using only the best frames and superior lenses.
Contact Lenses: The ability to wear contact lenses can give you freedom from glasses. We are trained to fit conventional lenses, as well as astigmatic, multifocal and other specialty contact lenses.
LASIK Consultations: We provide pre-operative through post-operative care for our LASIK patients. Our expert doctors will walk you through the process, starting with your initial questions and ending up with you being free from glasses or contacts.
Diagnosis and Treatment of Eye Diseases: Our Optometrists are qualified and trained to treat and manage most medical eye conditions. Some common eye conditions: