History of Our Practice
In 1958, Jules Silverman, a Miami native and fresh out of Southern College of Optometry, opened up his optical at 3005 W. Broward Blvd. It was the first Optometry office in Plantation. Back then, 441 was a dirt road and the cost of an eye exam was $7.00! Six years later, he moved the office to 4330 W. Broward Blvd, where he stayed until 1976.
Bruce Conan was born in New York. He attended the University of Miami and fell in love with Florida. After graduating from Pennsylvania College of Optometry in 1972, he moved back to S. Florida and began working for Dr. Connie Jordan.
A few short months later, Dr. Jordan passed away. Dr. Conan took over the Westgate Plaza Practice, and stayed there for six years.
After practicing by himself for another 12 years, Dr. Conan decided he wanted to slow down. Jonathan Gordon joined the practice in mid 2010. A Plantation resident since 1977 and a graduate of Nova Southeastern College of Optometry, Dr. Gordon is proud to continue the tradition of Plantation’s oldest Optometry office.
Dr. Conan has moved to Boynton Beach where he still plays tennis and does stand up comedy.